Agile subcompact makes a statement with surprising spaciousness and standard equipment
(TORONTO, ON – March 1, 2013) Small is substantial with the 2013 Scion xD – the distinctive subcompact that’s big on performance, efficiency and style.
“The Scion xD makes a unique statement on the road” noted Cyril Dimitris, Director of Scion in Canada. “New for 2013, every Scion xD features upgraded audio, additional safety features, and enhanced style and design cues – plus incredible opportunities for personalization.”
New for 2013:
- The Scion xD is the first Scion to be offered in a two-tone colour scheme, combining Blue Streak Metallic and Black Sand Pearl.
- Headlamps enhanced with smoked paint finish.
- Two additional airbags (driver/front passenger seat cushion).
- New audio head unit features integrated Bluetooth.
- Newly designed heater control panel and speedometer graphics.
Performance, Handling and Safety:
The Scion xD defies convention with big performance in a subcompact, urban-savvy package. Every model is built around a powerful yet efficient 128 horsepower, 1.8-litre 4-cylinder engine that delivers lively acceleration and maximum efficiency. Pair this engine with a choice of two transmissions – either way, you’ll spend less time at the pumps and more on the road. The xD is offered with a five speed manual that delivers a combined city/highway fuel efficiency rating of 6.7L/100KM, or a four-speed automatic with gate-type shifter that achieves a fuel efficiency of 6.8L/100KM combined.
Enjoy the Scion xD’s lighting-like agility and confident driving, with highly-responsive efficient electric power steering, L-Arm MacPherson Strut front suspension and Torsion Beam rear suspension, and front ventilated disc brakes and rear drum brakes. For even greater driving fun, the xD’s short, wide frame provides the perfect platform for personalizing your ride with TRD Accessories including lowering springs, upgraded shocks, sway bars, and more.
From its impact absorbing structure, to advanced active and passive safety systems, the Scion xD has you covered. Scion’s Star Safety System –six active safety technologies – is designed to protect passengers and help drivers avoid accidents and is backstopped by eight airbags (including two new airbags for 2013) and other safety features.
The Scion xD features a spacious and functional interior and plenty of standard comfort, convenience and style, including:
- A six-speaker satellite-ready audio system – new for 2013 with integrated Bluetooth capability – featuring AM/FM/CD with MP3/WMA capability; auxiliary input jack and USB input for portable audio devices; and multi-function steering wheel audio controls;
- Air conditioning with rear seat heater ducts;
- Room for five with adjustable front seats and a 60/40 split fold-flat rear seat with recline function;
- Power door locks with keyless entry;
- Cruise control;
- A three-spoke steering wheel on a tilting steering column;
- Map lamps and a cargo-area lamp, plus illuminated entry system with fadeout;
- A 12-volt accessory power outlet;
- Dual foldable, power adjustable, heated mirrors with integrated signal lamps;
- A rear spoiler;
- And more.
Make it yours:
Each Scion xD is a blank canvas, ready for your personal expression. Start by choosing an upgraded audio system with a 5.8” touch screen display. Add Bongiovi Acoustics digital signal processing system. Or enhance the engine immobilizer with a security system featuring glass breakage sensor.
Then make the Scion xD truly yours, by choosing from a broad selection of factory personalization parts and accessories, including many high performance parts from Toyota Racing Development.
Pricing and availability:
The 2013 Scion xD is now on sale at Canadian Scion Dealers, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $17,690.