(TORONTO) – The 2012 Scion tC delivers performance and form factor to conquer traffic from urban cores to exurbia fringes, plus the big style and customization opportunities you crave to make your wheels an extension of your personal expression.
Highlights for 2012
- Release Series 7.0: a limited edition Scion tC exclusive to the 2012 model year, featuring a unique High Voltage Yellow exterior colour, TRD body kit, unique 18” alloy wheels with a gloss black finish, colour-tuned seat fabric with accent stitching, yellow accent stitching on the steering wheel, a Smart Key with Push Button Start, and unique Release Series number badge. Release Series 7.0 is a limited edition, with just 175 vehicles available in Canada;
- Restyled backup lamps featuring dual lenses;
- Available premium audio system that includes a 5.8’ Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Touch Screen Display, Bluetooth Phone and streaming audio and the ability to access and download album art from iPod/iPhone
“The Scion tC is a sport coupe unlike any other – because when you build it, you will make it unique. We give you the big performance, bold body style, and full suite of comfort, convenience and safety features you demand. Then we turn you loose in our virtual customization space, where you pick colours, wheels, TRD performance accessories, audio systems and more – to create a tC that’s uniquely yours,” said Larry Hutchinson, Senior Executive Director of Scion in Canada. “Those looking for an exclusive expression of tC style can opt for the 2012 Scion tC Release Series 7.0 – which makes a high voltage statement wherever it goes.”
Power and performance
The Scion tC delivers performance with a 2.5-litre high-performance 4-cylinder engine that produces 180 peak horsepower and 173 lb-ft of torque. With 16 valves, dual overhead cams, Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence and electronic fuel injection, this power plant combines brains and brawn, maximizing available power and fuel efficiency while minimizing emissions.
Choose from two transmissions – either way, you’ll spend less time at the pumps and more on the road. The tC is offered with a six-speed manual that delivers a combined city/highway fuel efficiency rating of 8.0L/100KM, or a six-speed automatic with gate-type sequential shifter that achieves a fuel efficiency of 7.7L/100KM. Regardless of gearbox, the tC has a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating.
Handling and Control
Taming traffic requires lightning reflexes and driving confidence – and the Scion tC delivers both with highly-responsive electric power steering and stabilizer bar-equipped MacPherson Strut Front and Double Wishbone Rear suspension systems. Customize your tC for even greater driving thrills with Toyota Racing Development (TRD) suspension and handling accessories, including lowering springs, front and rear sway bars, and front strut tower brace.
Where the rubber hits the road, your Scion tC’s wide P225/45R18 tires give you a firm grip for handling stability and agility.
For 2012, the Scion tC was awarded a Top Safety Pick by The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). From its impact absorbing structure to advanced active and passive safety systems, every Scion tC is engineered to help prevent accidents, and to protect driver and passengers if an incident occurs, offering peace of mind to drivers and passengers:
- All Scion tC sport coupes are standard equipped with Scion’s Star Safety System, a suite of six active safety technologies designed to protect occupants by helping drivers avoid accidents in the first place. Scion’s Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Antilock Braking System with electronic brake force distribution and brake assist enhancements, plus Smart Stop Technology;
- The tC surrounds driver and friends in a suite of eight airbags, including dual-stage driver and passenger airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, front seat mounted side airbags, and front & rear side curtain airbags;
- A carefully engineered body structure that helps channel impact forces away from occupants;
- Large front ventilated and rear solid disc brakes;
- All-position three point lap and shoulder belts plus pretensioners and force limiters for the front and rear seatbelts;
- Active Front Headrests with whiplash protection;
- Anchor points for child-restraint seats;
- Other safety systems: High visibility projector-style halogen headlamps and variable-speed wipers, including a rear window wiper/washer.
The Scion tC puts you in control, with a generous suite of standard comfort, convenience and style gear, including:
- An eight-speaker audio system featuring AM/FM/CD with mp3/WMA capability, USB and auxiliary audio input jacks for portable music players, Bluetooth connectivity, and steering wheel-mounted audio controls;
- Air conditioning and rear seat heater ducts;
- Room for five in premium cloth-covered seats with adjustable front sport seats and a 60/40 split fold-down rear seat;
- A driver-focused instrument panel featuring a tachometer, dual trip odometer, and multi-information display, plus a shift-position indicator and eco-indicator for automatic transmission models;
- Power windows with driver’s side auto-down function;
- Power door locks with keyless entry;
- Cruise control;
- A three-spoke steering wheel on a tilting/telescoping steering column;
- Plenty of smart in-cabin storage, including: a front console box with lid, bottle holders and map pockets integrated into the doors, front and rear cup holders and coat hooks;
- Dual vanity mirrors;
- A 12-volt accessory power outlet;
- Dual foldable, power adjustable, heated mirrors with integrated signal lamps;
- Front and rear splash guards;
- A panoramic glass roof with powered moon roof;
Make it yours
Each Scion tC is a blank canvas, ready for your personal expression. Start by adding a 200-watt premium audio system with front, rear and subwoofer RCA outputs plus a 5.8” touch-screen display with the ability to add XM Satellite Radio capability (additional components required). Wrap the seats in leather, including high/low heated front seats.
Then make the Scion tC truly yours, by choosing from more than 20 factory customization accessories, including many high performance parts from Toyota Racing Development.
Pricing and availability
The 2012 Scion tC is now on sale at Canadian Scion Dealers, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail prices starting at $20,940 and the Scion tC Release Series has a starting price of $23,425.
About Scion Canada
Celebrating its first year of sales in Canada, Scion is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Scion tC, xB, xD and iQ vehicles through a sales and service network of 84 dealers across Canada. All Scions come fully loaded with Scion’s Star Safety System which includes active safety technologies, such as: Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Anti-lock Brake Systems, Brake Assist and Electronic Brake-force Distribution. The Scion lifestyle is trendsetting, urban and authentic; Scion vehicles maximize personal expression while delivering performance and style.