Special promotion with Cineplex Entertainment features three new Scion iQs available to be won in an online contest
(TORONTO) – With the newest member of the Scion family – the iQ – coming soon to Canada, a major promotional campaign is underway that focuses on some attention-grabbing facts about the world’s smallest four-seater micro-subcompact car.
To make the iQ’s many attractive attributes particularly memorable for Canadian consumers, Scion has joined forces with Cineplex Entertainment, the largest motion picture exhibitor in Canada. Advertisements pair movie trivia with key facts about Scion, under the fitting tagline of “Elevate your iQ.” For example:
- When a question is posed about which monster movie was shot with two of the world’s smallest motion picture cameras (Cloverfield), the theme is extended to Scion, with the fact shared that the iQ has the world’s smallest turning radius (3.9 metres).
- When asking which three movies received 11 Oscars each (The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King; Titanic; and Ben-Hur), it’s noted that the iQ has 11 standard airbags, including the world’s first rear-window curtain airbag.
- Other facts conveyed in this manner address the fact that the iQ comes standard with the Scion Star Safety System and that it has best-in-class fuel efficiency.
“The Scion iQ changes conventional thinking about small cars,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Scion in Canada. “The iQ may be the world’s smallest four-seater, but its unique engineering innovations make it big on comfort and versatility, and it comes complete with a long list of amazing standard features. This launch campaign focuses on many of the specific proof points that show why the iQ is such a special vehicle, and takes full advantage of Cineplex theatres’ busy holiday season.”
The campaign, which begins today, will be capped by a contest in which three new iQs will be given away in a draw to take place on January 11, 2012. Canadians can enter the contest by visiting www.cineplex.com/scioniQ.
Other key elements of the campaign include:
- In-lobby vehicle display – iQs will be on display in four Cineplex Entertainment theatre lobbies (in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Vancouver).
- In-lobby experience – Digital signage will feature iQ facts and contest details.
- In-theatre experience – A full-motion video spot will run before movie trailers, ending with a five-second static frame that promotes the contest.
- Cineplex magazine – A full-page Scion iQ ad will appear in the publication.
- Cineplex.com – In addition to display ads on the site, viewers will watch a 15-second iQ ad prior to movie trailers. Additionally, the contest will be promoted at the end of those trailers. The contest entry page also has exclusive iQ brand ad placement.
As the world's most fuel efficient non-hybrid on the road, the Scion iQ is loaded with ingenious engineering advancements, is only three metres long and has a starting price of just $16, 760.
About Scion Canada
Celebrating its first year of sales in Canada, Scion is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Scion tC, xB and xD vehicles through a sales and service network of 84 dealers across Canada. All Scions come fully loaded with Scion’s Star Safety System which includes active safety technologies, such as: Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Anti-lock Brake Systems, Brake Assist and Electronic Brake-force Distribution. The Scion lifestyle is trendsetting, urban and authentic; Scion vehicles maximize personal expression while delivering performance and style.