- Stylish, urban, high-efficiency premium micro-subcompact
- Expected to achieve fuel consumption of just over 5L/100km
- Full suite of active safety technologies and world’s first rear-window curtain airbag
(MONTREAL) – At the 2011 Montreal International Auto Show, Scion took the wraps off the 2012 Scion iQ – the all-new premium micro-subcompact vehicle that will join the youth and lifestyle brand’s line of uniquely styled, highly customizable and full-featured vehicles.
“Trend-setting, urban Montreal is the perfect place for the Scion iQ to make its Canadian auto show debut,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Scion in Canada. “Qubec has always been a market for smaller, fuel efficient vehicles – but also a market that demands style, quality, and innovative features. The Scion iQ celebrates good design, form that follows function, and the principle that big ideas often come in small packages.”
As the world’s smallest four-seater, the Scion iQ defines a new, premium micro-subcompact segment for Canada:
- A large door opening and long-slide front seats make it easy to get into the back seat, while a slim-back seat design offers more rear legroom.
- A premium interior fusing modern style and textures.
- Impressive safety systems, including class-leading 10 airbags, the world’s first rear-window curtain airbag, and active safety technologies including Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, ABS, Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution.
- The iQ’s 1.3-litre engine is combined with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) that helps deliver class-leading 90 horsepower, smooth acceleration and excellent fuel efficiency.
- The iQ will be rated as Tier 2 Bin 5 for emissions, and it is expected to achieve estimated fuel consumption of just over 5 litres per 100 km comparable to similar vehicles that feature less passenger and cargo capacity.
- Class-leading turning radius at just 3.9 metres.
“The Scion iQ is the boldest example to date of the Scion brand philosophy,” Mr. Hutchinson continued. “It’s the ultimate small, urban-friendly, fuel efficient vehicle that’s big on style, features and safety, and offers the functionality and comfort that drivers expect from a vehicle twice its size.”
The Scion iQ arrives in Canada later this year.
For the second year, Scion will also sponsor Montral’s popular Igloofest, which brings together some of the electronic scene’s best artists in a unique outdoor music setting. In addition to the music, there will also be Scion giveaways and vehicles on display. Test drive a Scion at any Montral Scion dealership between January 6 to January 29, and get a free Igloofest ticket*, CD Sampler, and the chance to play Scion’s “Take on the Machine” contest where you could drive away with a brand new Scion tC. Igloofest takes place at the Jacques-Cartier Quay in Old-Port, Montral, beginning at 6:30pm on January 13-15, 20-22 and 27-29.
*While supplies last
Launched in September 2010, Scion in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Scion vehicles through a sales and service network of 45 dealers in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. The Scion lifestyle is urban, edgy and authentic; Scion vehicles maximize personal expression while delivering performance and style. For more information about Scion products and Scion lifestyle, visit www.media.scionnation.ca.