The iconic urban utility vehicle embodies, style, space, performance
(TORONTO, ON – March 4 , 2013) With surprising amounts of interior space, impressive performance, a long list of standard equipment, and a great selection of personalization parts and accessories, the 2013 Scion xB combines form with function in an iconic urban utility vehicle.
“For 2013, we’re enhancing the Scion xB with additional styling cues, inside and out, plus an upgraded audio system,” said Cyril Dimitris, Director of Scion in Canada. “We’re also offering the Scion xB in seven colours including Absolutely Red and Nautical Blue Metallic – two gorgeous tones that make their first appearance on this model. Take one look and you’ll agree: every 2013 Scion xB makes a bold statement.”
New for 2013:
- LED accessory lamps on the front bumper
- Gloss black painted front lower grille
- Black rear bumper diffuser
- Bronze accented seat inserts, door trim and centre instrument panel
- New audio head unit with integrated Bluetooth
- Choice of seven exterior colours, including two new colours: Absolutely Red and Nautical Blue Metallic
Performance, Handling and Safety:
The Scion xB defies convention with big performance in a compact package. A 2.4L 4-cylinder engine delivers a peak 158 HP for lively acceleration, while sequential multiport electronic fuel injection offers maximum fuel efficiency. Pair up this engine with a choice of two transmissions – either way, you’ll spend less time at the pumps and more on the road. The xB is offered with a five-speed manual that delivers a combined city/highway fuel efficiency rating of 8.5L/100KM, or a four-speed automatic with gate-type shifter and transmission cooler that achieves a fuel efficiency of 8.4L/100KM.
Highly-responsive electric power steering, MacPherson Strut Front and Torsion Beam Rear suspension systems, and front ventilated disc brakes and rear solid disc brakes combine to create an agile ride that’s comfortable on the open road. For even greater driving fun, customize the xB with TRD Accessories – including lowering springs, upgraded shocks, sway bars, the TRD Big Brake Kit, and more.
From its impact absorbing structure to advanced active and passive safety systems, the Scion xB has you covered. Scion’s Star Safety System – six active safety technologies – is designed to protect passengers and help drivers avoid accidents and is backstopped by six airbags and other safety features.
The Scion xB features a surprisingly spacious and functional interior and plenty of standard comfort, convenience and style, including:
- A six-speaker satellite-ready audio system – new for 2013 with integrated Bluetooth capability – featuring AM/FM/CD with MP3/WMA capability; auxiliary input jack and USB input for portable audio devices; and multi-function steering wheel audio controls;
- Air conditioning with cabin air filter and rear seat heater ducts;
- Room for five in premium cloth-covered adjustable front seats and a 60/40 split fold-down rear seat;
- Power door locks with keyless entry;
- Cruise control;
- A three-spoke steering wheel on a tilting/telescoping steering column;
- A 12-volt accessory power outlet;
- Dual power adjustable, heated exterior mirrors with integrated signal lamps;
- And more.
Make it yours:
Each Scion xB is a blank canvas, ready for your personal expression. Start by choosing an upgraded audio system with a 5.8” touch screen display. Add Bongiovi Acoustics digital signal processing system. Treat yourself to leather seat surfaces with two-setting heated front seats. Or enhance the engine immobilizer with a security system featuring glass breakage sensor.
Then make the Scion xB yours, by choosing from a broad selection of factory personalization parts and accessories, including many high performance parts from Toyota Racing Development.
Pricing and availability:
The 2013 Scion xB is now on sale at Canadian Scion Dealers, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail prices starting at $18,860.
About Scion Canada
Scion is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Scion tC, xB, xD, iQ and FR-S vehicles through a sales and service network of 87 dealers across Canada. All Scions come fully loaded with Scion’s Star Safety System which includes active safety technologies, such as: Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Anti-lock Brake Systems, Brake Assist and Electronic Brake-force Distribution. The Scion lifestyle is trendsetting, urban and authentic; Scion vehicles maximize personal expression while delivering performance and style.